debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Debian Testing 2.5-15: project domain question

From: Jean-Francois Leveque
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Debian Testing 2.5-15: project domain question
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:40:19 +0100

Christian BAYLE wrote:

> Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
> >
> > Is the "DNS Update" sourceforge cron entry responsible for the
> > projects domain name update in the main sourceforge domain?
> >
> yes, it is
>
> > If it's responsible, do you know any reason for it not to do
> > its hourly job corectly?
> >
> What do you mean by not corectly?
> The table is not filled?

The table was not filled with the new domain name,
but it did fine on the second hourly run.

> I encountered some problem with bind daemon
> I was using at the beginning rndc to make the daemon reread the table,
> but after some time it was not responding
> It can be problem with the hourly restart of the daemon, but there is no
> thing I could reproduce systematicly
> Maybe you can try a stop-pause-start procedure modifying the cron
> command.
> It seems to be very dependant on the daemon version

I did a kill -SIGHUP on the /var/run/named.pid and it did fine
with bind 9. Maybe it's a little hard, but I think it will work
with other versions. I suggest that you use it in the next release of
2.6,
and maybe update it in next release of 2.5 if possible.

Jean-Francois

> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Bayle
> E-mail: address@hidden, address@hidden
> P-mail: 28, Chemin du Vieux Chene BP 98 38243 MEYLAN CEDEX
> Telephone/Phone : (33) 4 76 76 41 01     Piece/Room A156

* Jean-Francois Leveque            e-mail : address@hidden      *
* ARTENUM SARL, Consulting and Development in Numerical Engineering  *
* 3, Rue de Tournelles             75004 Paris 4eme, FRANCE          *
* http://www.artenum.com/          Tel/fax : +33 (0)1 46 88 09 57    *