dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Installation

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Installation
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:35:07 +0200

On 2009-09-22, Thomas Wilhelmi <address@hidden> wrote:
> I try to install dazuko 3.0. Installing the patches for Suse 11.1 is
> okay, compiling, linking, and "insmod" works okay. Than I wanted to
> test the Module and compiled the Test-Program (showfiles). Okay as
> well. I mounted dazuko to the test-directory and than called
> showfiles. But this gave me a message that "libdazukofs.so" could
> not be loaded. But this library is present in the lib-directory. I
> also copied it to the directory where showfiles resides with no
> success. I work with root. Is dazuko working or not?

The README states to run showfiles using the command:

env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib ./showfiles

The reason for setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is so
that the runtime linker can find the library.

An alternative to setting the environment variable would be to copy
libdazukofs.so to a directory that the runtime linker knows
about. Examples are probably /usr/local/lib, /usr/lib, /lib.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer