dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Having Shutdown Hang issue. Need to know how to exclud

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Having Shutdown Hang issue. Need to know how to exclude /proc from Dazuko
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:31:26 +0200

Martin P. Charbonneau wrote:
  I've not yet installed any applications.

It's my intention to install clamav, but I'm still in the "configuration" of the dazuko modules part.

When the module is loaded, there's no way to unload it (rmmod freeze) and shutdown hangs.

You aren't running the "example" program? If no programs are using Dazuko, then it should cause no problems with your system. (Dazuko doesn't do anything until a program has registered itself with Dazuko.)

If your system is hanging with shutdown or rmmod, then I suspect that Dazuko isn't being compiled correctly (with the wrong sources, wrong kernel configuration, or wrong compiler).

But since you are a Gentoo user, I assume you know alot about all of these things. So I do not understand why you are having such problems.

Are you using the latest version of Dazuko?

Can you try configuring Dazuko with:

$ ./configure --disable-stacking

And see if that works? With this option you will not need the commoncap module.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer