dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Unresolved symbols

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Unresolved symbols
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:12:36 +0100

Michels Jos wrote:
address@hidden:/root>rmmod dazuko
address@hidden:/root>insmod /lib/modules/2.4.21-27.0.2.EL/misc/dazuko.o
(no errors returned)

Messages:
Feb 15 13:48:02 VM2F14 kernel: dazuko: unloaded, version=2.0.5
Feb 15 13:48:14 VM2F14 kernel: dazuko: loaded, version=2.0.5

Dmesg:
dazuko: unloaded, version=2.0.5
dazuko: loaded, version=2.0.5

Dazuko is loading fine, so there are no "real" problems here.

After this depmod -ae gives the same result as before.

On an other system, with the same kernel, I see the same problem.

The "System.map" file contains a list of all the kernel symbols. I suspect that the System.map file on your system either doesn't match the kernel that is being used or has been stripped down by RedHat for security reasons. depmod uses this file for determining symbol dependency problems. This means that depmod thinks there are problems, but in reality there are no problems.

As long as you use "insmod" to insert Dazuko (rather than "depmod/modprobe") then you won't have any problems.

If these error messages bother you, then you should complain to RedHat for shipping the wrong or a stripped down System.map file.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer