dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] can't build working dazuko-2.0.x module with kernel 2.

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] can't build working dazuko-2.0.x module with kernel 2.6.10
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:09:26 +0100

Stefan Ulrich Hegner wrote:
1. reconfigured and patched kernel for d_path support.

Good.

2. Rebooted system with new kernel
According to /proc/kallsyms d_path seems to work:
        > grep __d_path /proc/kallsyms
        c016dda0 T __d_path

Good.

3. run ./configure - no errors reported (see attached output)
4. run make - no errors reported (see attached output)

Good.

However, when trying to insmod the dazuko.ko module I get an error:

        insmod: error inserting 'dazuko.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

On top of that I have a new problem, that my chrooted named won't work
with the dazuko-prepared kernel. On bootup it complains:

        named: capset failed: Operation not permitted

1. It is important that Dazuko is the VERY FIRST security module loaded. Dazuko is the only module that properly support stacking. If any other of those modules are loaded, you will not be able to stack them correctly.

2. Dazuko requires the "commoncap" module. This is needed in order to support proper stacking of the capabilities module.

So your security modules should be loaded in this order:

1. commoncap
2. dazuko
3. the rest of your modules (seclvl, capabilities, rootplug)

Also make sure you use Dazuko 2.0.5.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer