dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] can't build working dazuko-2.0.x module with kernel 2.6.10

From: Stefan Ulrich Hegner
Subject: [Dazuko-help] can't build working dazuko-2.0.x module with kernel 2.6.10
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:43:37 +0100

Hi there,

after having spent some wasteful hours trying to get dazuko 2.0.4/2.0.5
work on my machine, I think it's high time, to check with the list for
help.

I have a dual PIII SMP machine running gentoo-linux with a custom
gentoo-2.6.10-r1 kernel.

What I did:

1. reconfigured and patched kernel for d_path support.

... from the .config file:
#
# Security options
#
# CONFIG_KEYS is not set
CONFIG_SECURITY=y
# CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK is not set
CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m
CONFIG_SECURITY_ROOTPLUG=m
CONFIG_SECURITY_SECLVL=m
# CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX is not set

2. Rebooted system with new kernel
According to /proc/kallsyms d_path seems to work:
        > grep __d_path /proc/kallsyms
        c016dda0 T __d_path

3. run ./configure - no errors reported (see attached output)
4. run make - no errors reported (see attached output)

However, when trying to insmod the dazuko.ko module I get an error:

        insmod: error inserting 'dazuko.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

On top of that I have a new problem, that my chrooted named won't work
with the dazuko-prepared kernel. On bootup it complains:

        named: capset failed: Operation not permitted

This is despite the fact, that I have CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m set
in my kernel-config as suggested half a year ago on this list:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dazuko-devel/2004-06/msg00001.html

Somehow, this trick does not seem to work any more. - at least not for
me.

Any hints in regard to
- how to get a working dazuko module and
- at the same time a working bind

are highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

Stefan.