Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian
Date: 13 Aug 2002 23:50:20 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 14:32, Brian Jones wrote:

> This reminds me, where are we at with getting gjdoc stuff up on
> gnu.org?  Does it work with gcj/gij now?

Yes it works very nicely with gcj now. I have successfully created a
native binary of the code and used it to create javadoc for all of GNU
Classpath and the output looks very nice. Although I have to inspect the
output more thoroughly I dare to say that if something does not look
right now it is most likely that the Javadoc in Classpath is not correct
since Julian was very good at quickly fixing any issue that I had.

As Nic said the build setup could be a bit cleaner/nicer but compiling
by hand works OK.

I was (and am) a bit busy at the moment which is why I didn't follow up
on our conversation with Richard Stallman about publishing the results
of running gjdoc on Classpath. He had some suggestions about the
copyright statements that I had wanted to work out but couldn't make the
time for. I intend to start working on that in the beginning of
September, I will also have time then again to tackle the build issue
with renewed energy. I really like the ideas/scripts that Nic had.

Cheers,

Mark