Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian

From: Grzegorz Prokopski
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian
Date: 14 Aug 2002 17:26:43 +0200

W liście z śro, 14-08-2002, godz. 09:35, address@hidden:
> Grzegorz Prokopski <address@hidden> writes:
> > Some technical questions (if you want to give me some advice):
> > - ATM I have created separate packages for cp-tools (javap, javah,
> > serialver) and separate for gjdoc. Do you think that it is right?
> > Maybe it would be better to have just one classpath-tools
> > package with ALL this stuff in it? what about automakejar then?
> Leave automakejar out of everything... it's not stable yet. We
> haven't even agreed that it will be used.

FYI: Proposed way (for Debian at least):

I create package "classpath-tools" with javap, javah, serialver, gjdoc.

I belive, that classpatht-tools is the right name, because this is
THE project that creates tools for classpath. We already have
'classpath' package, so I think 'classpath-tools' is OK.

I create single jar, /usr/share/java/cp-tools.jar, which contain:
- gnu.bytecode.* - taken from kawa (to which project it really belongs?)
- gnu.classpath.tools.* - (java[ph], serialver - uses gnu.bytecode)
- com.sun.javadoc.* - current version from classpath (utils it's moved)
- gnu.classpath.tools.gjdoc.* - gjdoc - uses com.sun.javadoc

Notes:
- gnu.bytecode is years old, patched version, it is impossible to use
 current version from kawa until tools are updated to work with it.
- please keep me informed about any new tools from cp-tools that you
think should be packaged; jar, automakejar, and other tools come to
mind - I'll be glad to package them.

Best regards

                                        Grzegorz B. Prokopski