Re: [certi-dev] Messages received after resignation

From: Timi Tuohenmaa
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Messages received after resignation
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 23:40:48 +0300

> <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm not an expert in HLA, so I'm wondering if it a normal behaviour, or
>> an issue in the RTIG. I observe that I continue to receive some messages
>> from RTIG (in particular NM_Reflect_Attribute_Values) after I resign
>> from the federation. Is it normal ? Is there something I forget to do ?
>

> No it's not.
>
> Which version of CERTI are you using ?
>
> Would you be able to try with git master?
>

>> For the record, I use the attached python script to test (and the
>> billard application), and use
>>
>> RTIG_MSG=D python test.py
>>
>> You normally see a lot of message after the "done" message.
>

> I have no time to reproduce this right now.
>
> I would think that resign should generate "unsubscribe"
> but it is possible that no-one hit this scenario with CERTI before because
> one usually do
>
> create and/or join
> publish
> register
> subscribe
>
> unsubscribe
> unregister
> unpublish
> resign
> destroy
>
> so that when resigning we did already unsubscribe.

I talked about this in:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2014-08/msg00000.html
(though main point of the mail was something else).

I still think that resigning federate should do quite exactly what
killFederate does. Otherwise it is not fully cleaned and RTIG actually
ends up being broken.
(it also needs this: https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8558 )

I can't remember anymore which one (unsubscibe or unpublish) was
actually necessary to keep RTIG sane (if same federate joins again it
can't do either of those unless resigned federate did un*something*).

Kind regards,
Timi Tuohenmaa