Re: [certi-dev] Messages received after resignation

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Messages received after resignation
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 17:04:47 +0200

On 08/Apr - 15:17, Eric Noulard wrote:
> :
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm not an expert in HLA, so I'm wondering if it a normal behaviour, or
> > an issue in the RTIG. I observe that I continue to receive some messages
> > from RTIG (in particular NM_Reflect_Attribute_Values) after I resign
> > from the federation. Is it normal ? Is there something I forget to do ?
> >

> No it's not.
>
> Which version of CERTI are you using ?

I use the last release version 3.4.3

> Would you be able to try with git master?

The issue is still here in master

OK then this is a bug :-)

> I would think that resign should generate "unsubscribe"
> but it is possible that no-one hit this scenario with CERTI before because
> one usually do
>
> create and/or join
> publish
> register
> subscribe
>
> unsubscribe
> unregister
> unpublish
> resign
> destroy

With a proper call of unsubscribeObjectClass, the message are not
emitted anymore.

Ok then the bug is still there. We should automagically unsubcribe when resigning.
Would you be kind enough to open a bug report for that?

Patch proposal are welcomed as well :-)

Why is the API not really symetric
(subscribeObjectClassAttributes vs unsubscribeObjectClass) ?

This is historical assymetry in HLA 1.3
both

 unsubscribeObjectClassAttributes
and
unsubscribeObjectClass

exist in the 1516-2000 and 1516-2010 API.
see <ECRTI-SRC>/include/ieee1516-20*/RTI/RTIambassador.h

Moreover, I
would be more happy with an API to do the contrary of
requestObjectAttributeValueUpdate, but I don't find anything to do that.
Do I miss something ?

What to you mean by "the contrary" ?

One federate do
register+UAV (through RTIambassador)
and some others do
subscribe (through RTIambassador) and get RAV (through FederateAmbassador)

when you do
ROAV this is an explicit request to get extra value from the publisher even
if it did not do UAV on his own.

then the owner get PAVU = Provide Attribute Value Update
and the requester  should get back an RAV.

i.e.
UAV+RAV is a push mechanism between federate
whereas
ROAV+PAVU+RAV is a pull mechanism between federate

what other scheme are you thinking of?