Re: [certi-dev] Fedora 15 x86_64 build and install problems

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Fedora 15 x86_64 build and install problems
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:37:17 +0200

2011/7/21 John Schroeder <address@hidden>:
> Hello all,
>
> I am starting a new thread with this.  Thanks for all the help on the
> previous issues(s)
>
> I have been having no luck getting CERTI working on my Fedora box.  When I
> try to start
> the rtig I get the following:
>
> address@hidden ~]$ rtig
> CERTI RTIG 3.4.0 - Copyright 2002-2008  ONERA
> This is free software ; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
> warranty ; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'certi::NetworkError'
> Aborted (core dumped)

There should be a problem with hostname resolution,
Unfortunately CERTI is using the obsolete "gethostbyname" call which
is probably failing because it cannot translate hostname to @IP.

When you want CERTI to show more information about created exception
you could

$ export CERTI_EXCEPTION=X

then re-execute rtig, you should see more information.

In order to check if local hostname resolution is Ok you can try the
following command:

$ host `hostname`
or
$ ping  `hostname`

if one of those command are failing then fix your name resolution
(possibly by editing /etc/hosts file)

> I have tried setting/unsetting environment variables, no luck.  I thought
> the problem
> might have been caused by SELinux, but I have disabled it completely and I
> still get this error.

I don't think SELinux is the issue.
If it was you could launch the 'sealert' tool which should show you
SELinux-related alert.

> I did notice cmake could not find some of the X11 files needed for the
> billard graphic.  Don't
> know if this is related, but the cmake output follows.

This is not related to the rtig crash since rtig does not link to any X11 libs.
The missing x11 parts may be installed on Fedora using:

yum install xorg-x11-bitmaps.

> I have also saved
> the make output but it might be a bit much to include.
>
> Is it possible to attach log files, or is that prohibited or considered bad
> form?

Attaching files to the ML is ok if they are not too big ( < 10Ko)
if the file is bigger then put it on some site and put the url.

You can use any pastebin site, provided you do not copy/paste
sensible informations:
http://www.reversecurity.com/2011/05/dangers-of-pastebin-sites.html

Or you may open a bug report on the certi tracker:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=certi

and attach the file to the tracker.

http://www.april.org