Re: [certi-dev] certi with HLA_USES_UDP

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] certi with HLA_USES_UDP
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:56:06 +0200

2009/8/26 Vaibhav Bansal <address@hidden>:
> Hello,

Hi Vaibhav,

> I was trying certi  3.3.2, with delta3d.
>
> It was running fine, and two federates were able to see each other.
>
> However if I enable HLA_USE_UDP in certi.hh, the same federates are not able
> to see each other.

Did you recompile CERTI and the Federate after the change?

If yes this may be a regression because that option
wasn't used by us recently and we don't have [yet] a
regression test for  HLA_USE_UDP usage.

You know that you normally don't need use this CERTI specific
compile option. When your federate want to exchange messages
using UDP you should specify BEST_EFFORT transport
in your FOM file.

Did you try that first?

> Is there anything else that I have to do.

Double check your test case with the given informations
and if trouble still remains you should open a bug in the tracker:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=certi

HOWEVER keep reading:

1) the CERTI Mailing List is for "member only" in order to avoid massive SPAM
    so your current mail was kept in moderation.
    You should subscribe to the list in order to avoid that: