RE: [certi-dev] Time synchonising

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: RE: [certi-dev] Time synchonising
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:12:58 +0200

Max,

What manual have you read? There is a nice HLA Course at http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~hla/courses.html. See Module 1 Part 4.

Although there is no global clock the RTI assures (if time management is enabled) that the events are delivered in the simulation time order. In order to synchronize the time without sending any events/updates I have all federates both time regulating and time constrained. All my federates do the following:

timestep = 1.0

queryLBTS(localtime) // to check what should be the local time

if(localtime == positive infinity) localtime = 0 // fix if simulation is not yet running

enableTimeConstrained()

enableTimeRegulation(localtime, timestep)

while(1) {

timeAdvanceRequest(localtime+timestep)

tick(x,y)

}