[certi-dev] New documenation generation system for CERTI

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: [certi-dev] New documenation generation system for CERTI
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:48:09 +0200

Hi All,

I have just commited a first try for a new Documentation generation
system for CERTI.
As explained in https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20850

The idea is to have 3 sets of documents:
- CERTI Install Documentation
- CERTI User Documentation
- CERTI Developer Documentation

in order to fullfil the differents "level of information" needs.

I have tried to use Doxygen for all this documentation in order:

0) Have "portable" documentation format
    Doxygen input is a textual "markup" format
    (see http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual.html)
    which mimics HTML and/or LaTeX with some restriction
     and extension.

1) maintain ALL documentation in the CVS subtree
    certi/doc

2) be able to generate both HTML and PDF output (at least for Install and User)

I've put the first result online here
(Developer doc has not been uploaded [yet] because its too big):

http://www.nongnu.org/certi/certi_doc/index.html

All the content has been generated with CMake, Doxygen and pdflatex
from the content of certi/doc directory.

I'll explain in a second e-mail how it works.

Documentation contributor must only know that:

all documentation should be either:

  0) in a *.dox file located in certi/doc
  1) in the C++ source code itself

One must "learn" the Doxxygen markup but as one
will see there is nothing difficult with doxygen markup
beside the fact that this is not WYSIWYG.