brad

Re: [Brad] bliff/brad update: The Return of the Exporter

From: Thomas Bleicher
Subject: Re: [Brad] bliff/brad update: The Return of the Exporter
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:49:48 +0100

On 07.02.2006, at 01:46, Francesco Anselmo wrote:

Just gave it a try, a few glitches with BlenderDummy (a crash
trying to load a skymap), and it appears not to be able to
start gui.py with blender 2.41+ python 2.4 (complaining about
not finding MenuBar, uhm ...

When something is not found it's usually the result of a failed
import (which passes silently, unfortunately). I have not tested
Python 2.4 which has a new way to create the module search path.
I'd have to recompile PyOpenGL etc to make this work. BTW: You
did start Blender in the extracted directory, right?

BlenderDummy crashes are only to be expected. That packages is
very experimental (and probably will be).

I agree that error checking on the whole has to be improved in
bliff/brad, thought.

And thanks for using the brad logo ;-)

Was about time. The colors of the theme still need work.

Thomas