bna-linuxiran

RE: [linuxiran] Linux teaching website

From: Ehsan Akhgari
Subject: RE: [linuxiran] Linux teaching website
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:34:06 +0430

> Gurban M. Tewekgeli
> I can write some articles about programming (gtk+), i18n, l10n, ...

Thanks Gurban, for your interest!

If you can handle all of the three topics (gtk+, i18n, l10n) at the same
time, then fine.  If you prefer to write about them one at a time, please
select the topic you'd like to begin with.  Please consider your writing
style in a way that a beginner can start off with them, and progress by
reading the articles in order.  For example, for the gtk+ topic, you may
want to start with an article describing what gtk+ is, what can be done with
it, what advantages/disadvantages it has over other similar libraries, etc.
Then, the next article could describe a "hello, world" app, and the next one
can begin introducing more features, and so on.  This way, the whole topic
would be useful as an educational material, which can teach everyone about
the subject of the topic.

> From: Kaveh Mousavi
> I am an volunteer for writing articles in my free time,

Very nice, thanks!

Please pick up a specific topic (or more than one, if you have enough time)
you would like to write about.  Please keep the style of writings similar to
what I described above.  Let me know what topic you select after you think
it out, please.

Also, if you don't like to write about a specific topic, I have a plan for a
"general tips and tricks" topic as well.  That would contain articles
relating to small tasks, but of course, each article should maintain a
teaching style.  For example, an article explaining how to get started using
xmms is better than an article explaining what's new about xmms, or
explaining why it's a great player.

Oh, another much needed topic is an "Installation" topic.  I appreciate if
anyone having experience in installation of different distro's would
volunteer to write about them in that topic.  There are already installation
instructions available for a number of distro's (like RedHat 9.0) on the
web, which we can link to, but other distro's are also needed to be
documented.

--

A general note: the writings should be in Persian using the Unicode UTF-8
encoding.  The publishing system would most likely be MovableType 2.661, and

Thanks again,