bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re: Xfree86 bug, and Behdad Esfahbod

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re: Xfree86 bug, and Behdad Esfahbod
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:15:01 -0800

On Monday 12 January 2004 23:48, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > Dear Behdad,
>
> Dear Arash,
>
> > This bug report has a bit of a history and had you used a better
> > language and had you shown a better control over your anger (which
> > translates into maturity), I would have gone into details.
> > I did not expect this from you.
>
> Apparently my reply was not talking about the bug report itself,
> just about someone's personal feelings about me (the subject
> should be enough to invite me for a reply).

OK.

> > You and Aryan, Aryan and you are both welcome to fight each other for
> > the coming decades. But please leave this and other mailing lists
> > alone and make it to a private matter between the too of you. This
> > said, I am not taking part or accusing any of you.
>
> Having said this, I believe we can work with each other again,
> just if non-hackers here understand that they should respect
> hackers and do not comment on things that they don't know about.
> I cannot hide it that one of the reasons I do not feel like
> contributing to FarsiKDE project is because of the project
> preferring "Farsi"  to "Persian".  I do not care about personal
> preference, but I want to see "Persian" listed in KDE, as that's
> the way standards go.
>
> I do not want to raise the subject again (I have read the recent
> thread).  Just that it's one of my reasons.
>
> And about begin "mature", it really hurts when you have spent the
> whole of your adult life (and some pre-adult life) solving
> Persian computing problems here and there, and someone with no
> competent programming abilities writes such a thing after your
> *technical* comment on a project site.

This might be and this is what I am talking about. Your nerves might be
stretched, feelings hurt, and memories alive. But I ask you and anybody
else on this mailing list, to cool down first, and then to write only if
we remain factual.
This goes for all of us, I am not singling Behdad out here.

> > Now, if you are willing to discuss this bug in a calm mood with me, in
> > a private email, and are willing to contribute, which I hope will be
> > the case, let me know.
>
> I'm quite busy right now.  Will let you know later.

That's fine with me. Let's discuss everything else later in detail.

Thanks,
Arash

--
The FarsiKDE Project