bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re: Xfree86 bug, and Behdad Esfahbod

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re: Xfree86 bug, and Behdad Esfahbod
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:48:14 -0500

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Arash Zeini wrote:

> Dear Behdad,

Dear Arash,

> This bug report has a bit of a history and had you used a better language
> and had you shown a better control over your anger (which translates into
> maturity), I would have gone into details.
> I did not expect this from you.

Apparently my reply was not talking about the bug report itself,
just about someone's personal feelings about me (the subject
should be enough to invite me for a reply).

> You and Aryan, Aryan and you are both welcome to fight each other for the
> coming decades. But please leave this and other mailing lists alone and
> make it to a private matter between the too of you. This said, I am not
> taking part or accusing any of you.

Having said this, I believe we can work with each other again,
just if non-hackers here understand that they should respect
hackers and do not comment on things that they don't know about.
I cannot hide it that one of the reasons I do not feel like
contributing to FarsiKDE project is because of the project
preferring "Farsi"  to "Persian".  I do not care about personal
preference, but I want to see "Persian" listed in KDE, as that's
the way standards go.

I do not want to raise the subject again (I have read the recent
thread).  Just that it's one of my reasons.

And about begin "mature", it really hurts when you have spent the
whole of your adult life (and some pre-adult life) solving
Persian computing problems here and there, and someone with no
competent programming abilities writes such a thing after your
*technical* comment on a project site.

> Now, if you are willing to discuss this bug in a calm mood with me, in a
> private email, and are willing to contribute, which I hope will be the
> case, let me know.

I'm quite busy right now.  Will let you know later.

There is also a recent post on Roozbeh's weblog
(http://utf-8.blogspot.com/) that somehow relates to the
discussion.  I do not say FarsiKDE people should do what he says,
but that it may be another opening to mutual relations IMHO.

Cheers,
behdad