bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] questions about shabdix

From: Arash Partow
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] questions about shabdix
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:49:47 +1100

> No modification was made to h/w detection of Knoppix. Please send the
> exact version of your Knoppix (with date) so that we can confirm if it
> is newer than what Shabdix was built upon.

the hardwares in question are
1.)a bootable usb memstick, knoppix 3.2 and 3.3
both detect it, and i've been able to make both knoppix versions boot of the
memstick.

2.) hitachi cd-rw shabdix only sees it has a cd-rom,

i've done some binary diffs and the setup bins seems to be different, h/w detect
seems to be identical to knoppix though.

arash says all you guyz did was change the kde language (change the po) and
add some images to the setup and the desktop background. hence i don't know
why there is a difference in the h/w detection between knoppix and shabdix,
unless
you guyz forgot to compile a particular module in etc..

also i want to write up a small article about getting shabdix booting off usb
memstick,
but i want to be able to get the system on the stick via shabdix itself and not
another
linux distro, sort of like proving something can recreate itself etc...

any ideas with the h/w issues?

regards

Arash
Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net