bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran]booting new kernel

From: Arash Bijanzadeh
Subject: Re: [linuxiran]booting new kernel
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:31:03 +0330

Hi,
You have got the answer already. Hope that helped you. It is our new mailing
list. I just wanted you to be informed about it and also about the new site
of www.linuxiran.org ( please check it out) We really need active persons in
the site.
Cheers
Arash
comments bellow:
On Sunday 09 March 2003 09:02, Anahita Fathipur wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am not a linux newbie but I am in basics still!!
>
> can you please help me about booting the OS after compiling my RH 8.0
> kernel(2.4.18-14)... it is my lilo.conf:
>
> prompt
> timeout=50
> default=win2000
> boot=/dev/hdc6      /* I am sure about the block device */
> map=/boot/map
> install=/boot/boot.b
> message=/boot/message
> lba32
>
> image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-14
>  label=RH8.0
>  initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.18-14
>  read-only
>  append="root=LABEL=/"
ignore this line and add a root=/dev/hdaX