[Axiom-mail] Keyboard problem

From: Fabio S.
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Keyboard problem
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:19:16 +0200 (CEST)

I am experiencing a problem with the keyboard which is rather annoying.

If I call back a command from history using the up arrow and then I modify it (moving the cursor with the arrow keys, deleting with backspace and writing new test) the result is completely messed up. This happens in a terminal window but not on the console shell, so I guess it depends on some settings, but I can't figure out which.

I am working on ubuntu (64 bit) 10.04, with gnome terminal (but the same happens also in xterm) with axiom version from the repository, that is

                       Version: Axiom (November 2009)
               Timestamp: Thursday April 8, 2010 at 18:12:43

An esample of my problem is as follows: type

-----------------
(1) -> [[1,2]]
(1) ->
   (1)  [[1,2]]
-----------------

Now, assume I want to change the "1" into a "3". I go back with the left arrows then I delete it with "Backspace" (BTW: "delete" doesn't work at all in the term: it gives "^[[3~", while it works in the shell)

What I get is the following:

-----------------
(2) -> [[3,]]]
  Line   1: [[3,]]]
           ....A
  Error  A: syntax error at top level
  Error  A: Improper syntax.
   2 error(s) parsing

Please observe that the "2" disappears as soon as I delete the "1" (and, in the same moment, the extra "]" appears).

Another small question: is the Kronecker product between matrices implemented somewhere?

Thanks a lot

Fabio