[Axiom-mail] fortran output from loop

From: Greg Zaverucha
Subject: [Axiom-mail] fortran output from loop
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:54:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I'm trying to get fortran output to a file and having difficulty.

This is the relevant code (I think), from a file which I )read into an axiom session.

)set output fortran on
)set output fortran H4.output

-- body of program here

-- output step:

for f in lB1.num repeat
    for pl in rest(reverse(D)) repeat
        output( [eval( f, lB1.den, pl )$P])

The output() statement prints what I want to the console, but not to my output file. How can I do this? Output from other parts of the program do appear in H4.output.

Another related question:
Does axiom have a function which allows one to write directly to a file? (something like the C function fprintf())

Thank you
Greg