[Axiom-mail] Axiom won't run on Fedora 8

From: Phillip Rhodes
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Axiom won't run on Fedora 8
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:20:18 -0500

Hi all, I just downloaded Axiom and am trying to run
it on Fedora 8 (x86).  I grabbed the pre-built
binaries for sysname = fedora8, and did the export
of AXIOM and PATH per the instructions.  Now when
I run the 'axiom' command I get this:

address@hidden temp]$ axiom
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                        Version: Axiom (January 2008)
               Timestamp: Sunday February 3, 2008 at 12:48:34
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daasereading: integer: Connection reset by peer
reading: integer: Connection reset by peer

address@hidden temp]

That is, it starts to load, then dumps me back at the command
prompt after (presumably) aborting due to the error seen above.

Any idea what would cause that, or what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks,

--
Phillip Rhodes
Chief Architect - OpenQabal