Re: [Axiom-mail] A polynomial question

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] A polynomial question
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:43:44 -0500

Alasdair,

Axiom does not have an polynomial type having symbolic exponents. As
far as I know Expression is the only applicable domain.

Is this anything like you wanted to do?

(1) -> x:UP(x,EXPR INT)
                                                                   Type: Void

(2) -> x

   (2)  x

                Type: UnivariatePolynomial(x,Expression Integer)

(3) -> k*(b+1)^(k-1)*x

                 k - 1
   (3)  k (b + 1)     x

                  Type: UnivariatePolynomial(x,Expression Integer)

(4) -> % * x*(b+1)

                        k - 1 2
   (4)  (b + 1)k (b + 1)     x

                  Type: UnivariatePolynomial(x,Expression Integer)

(5) -> monicDivide(%%(4),x)

                                   k - 1
   (5)  [quotient= (b + 1)k (b + 1)     x,remainder= 0]

Type: Record(quotient: UnivariatePolynomial(x,Expression
Integer),remainder: UnivariatePolynomial(x,Expression Integer))

(6) ->

Regards,
Bill Page.