[Axiom-mail] A polynomial question

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: [Axiom-mail] A polynomial question
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 00:20:31 +1100

I was doing some algebra relating to a proof by induction, and I had a polynomial containing terms of the form

k(b+1)^(k-1)*x

where b is a constant.  I wanted to multiply through by x(b+1) or similar.  How to I tell Axiom that b is a constant, k is a positive integer, and x is the polynomial's variable?  I tried setting the type to UP(x,POLY INT), but I just got _expression_ Integer instead.  This didn't help, as I wanted to perform a monicDivide (w.r.t. x) later on.

Thanks,
Alasdair