[Axiom-mail] [ANN] version 16-06-2007 of axiom.el

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] version 16-06-2007 of axiom.el
Date: 16 Jun 2007 22:21:31 +0200

Again a new version of axiom.el.pamphlet, uploaded to MathAction:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomEmacsMode

You need to untangle the file and load it into emacs with

  M-x load-file Ret axiom.el Ret

Changes:

* implemented repositioning of the process-mark consistently and safely,

* rearranged the defuns a little so that they are easier to locate in the
  documentation,

* axiom-reset now actually works (useful if for some reason some other process
  has written something into your *axiom* buffer.

* axiom-process is not set to nil anymore, when some buffer is killed.

> Missing:
>
> * xemacs port
>
> * allow lisp debugger to be entered, I.e., track when the prompt may change.
>   How does shell mode do this?
>
> * clean up initialisation routines.

    In particular, I'd like to have the following behaviour:

    [[M-x axiom]] should switch to the buffer [[*axiom*]], if it exists and if
    it is an "axiom buffer".  (I guess that should be a buffer in
    [[axiom-mode]], with a running axiom process.)

    If there is no such buffer, it should create a new buffer and a new axiom
    process.

    [[(add-hook 'axiom-mode-hook (lambda () (rename-uniquely)))]] should
    rename the buffer.  I do not know what else one could use
    [[shell-mode-hook]] (and therefore [[axiom-mode-hook]]) for.

  * update the documentation and make it more concise.

Martin