[Axiom-mail] Re: [Axiom-developer] [ANN] yet a better version of the axi

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Re: [Axiom-developer] [ANN] yet a better version of the axiom mode for emacs.
Date: 26 May 2007 17:04:23 +0200

Dear all,

finally, I think I have something more or less working.  Unfortunately, it cost
it me yet another night, but I hope it will come useful for some people.

+ still more cleaning up

+ C-c C-c works

+ for i in 1..10 repeat ([j for j in 1..2000]; output "hi")

  outputs one line after the other.

+ generally much more insensitive to failure.  In particular, it should now
  always be possible to continue work.

Todos:

> * All the initialization code needs cleaning up.  I cannot really do it, since
>   I have no idea what it does.
>
> * Xemacs is not supported.  Anybody knows comint mode for xemacs?  It seems
>   that they differ, it seems that comint-set-process-mark is not there?
>
> * Still no way to send stuff from input files to the buffer.
>
> * Still no LaTeX display.  Best thing would be if this could be switched on
>   alternatively.

I would like to ask you to give it a try.  PLEASE send me feedback, since that
was not really pleasant work.

Waldek, Gaby, Tim, would you put it into "your" distributions, please!

Many thanks,

Martin