RE: [Axiom-mail] problem using axiom in texmacs

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-mail] problem using axiom in texmacs
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:42:57 -0400

Koen,

I hope that you don't mind that I have taken advantage
of your question to prepare an example TeXmacs-Axiom
worksheet. See the files

  roe_ale.pdf
  roe_ale.tm

i.e.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/axiom/axiom_texmacs.pkg/Examples%20v1.0.
2/roe_ale.pdf

at http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=axiom

If the example is not clear, please let me know.

I agree that Axiom user's manuals are very badly needed
for new users. The best reference is the book

  AXIOM
  The Scientific Computation System

  by Richard D. Jenks and
  Robert S. Sutor

This was published in 1992 by Springer-Verlag
ISBN 0-387-97855-0 and copyright by Numerical Algorithms
Group Limited (NAG). However the book is now out of print
and only used copies are (at least used to be) available
on Amazon.com. But maybe you can find one in a library
near you somewhere...

Tim Daly is working hard to prepare a new updated book
which will be freely available over the web. Stay posted,
you will hear about it first right here.

Cheers,
Bill Page.