aleader-dev

Re: [Aleader-dev] Re: comments on paper

From: David Crossley
Subject: Re: [Aleader-dev] Re: comments on paper
Date: 20 Jul 2003 19:39:42 +1000

Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> Here is today's big email.
<snip/>

Many thanks for holding this discussion. It immensely helps me
to get more of a grasp on this excellent stuff.

William L. Jarrold wrote:
> > Question: Who is on address@hidden  Just you or more
> > than you?
>
> There are two people who are just watching. They hardly ever post
> anything. ...

I suppose that i am one of those. I am stunned by the potential of
what Joshua is doing here. I loved your original "Treatise" document
from your why-compete.org and have followed your work since.
(Actually, Joshua i found that via your excellent Event.pm Perl
module which was a pre-requisite for a search system.)

I have been a bit quiet because i don't know where to start. I don't
think that my computing system is capable of using Aleader yet ... need
to investigate my video card when i get a spare moment, then i will try
the CD image.

Lurking still.

> > > ...  Do you know how to use CVS?
> >
> > I've used it a little when I was at Cycorp.  It's been 2 years since
> > I've been there.  Be forewarned -- is it okay if I ask you some dumb
> > newbie questions?
>
> Yah, no problem.  :-)

There are others on this mailing list who can help too, e.g. me.
thereby spreading the load ... let Joshua get on with development.

I am a committer on a big opensource project called Apache Cocoon
so i can help answer your cvs questions, and also direct you to
some documentation to assist. Just ask either on aleader-dev or to
me directly.

--David