adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Waste's Edge graphics

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Waste's Edge graphics
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:35:57 +0200

2009/5/26 Kai Sterker <address@hidden>:
> So you'd suggest using a service outside of Savannah?

The nice thing about Git is that you can host on multiple services at
once and push to them all in one go. So choice of host is much less
critical then with SVN. Anyway, I don't really care about the specific
host, as long as we have a public Git repository and can finally get
rid of CVS I am happy.

> That would be not so different from working on a branch (or moving the
> current stuff to a branch), but we might also just start with a fresh
> git repository and move things over as needed.

The point is that I expect a branch to be:

a) incremental improvements
b) something that will sooner or later get merged back into HEAD

With a complete recreation you neither have incremental improvements
nor a chance of it to be merged back into HEAD, as you want to keep
the original around somewhere. I would strongly recommend against
starting from scratch, as I kind of like it to have all history
preserved.

Blog:     http://grumbel.blogspot.com/
JabberID: xmpp:address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927