adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Character portraits

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Character portraits
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:44:07 -0600

I thought I was say something about Lursan 'Waterpaw' Maladris and Lesteph Brighteyes.

Lursan Waterpaw is an ursanthrope (part man and part brown bear), so he is rather hairy and wears a full beard.

Lesteph Brighteyes is an older lycanthrope. Her hair is grey, in part because of her age and in part because her Beast side is a grey wolf. Her eyes are gold-green.

There is an old sketch of Andare dunVelain, but with the wide-brimmed hat and long scarf, he looks a bit like the Shadow. The hat is good, but the scarf comes up too high. I think the best word to describe Andare's face would be 'scruffy but kind' when dealing with a friend and 'stern and scruffy' when dealing with someone he doesn't trust or actively dislikes. The Forestkeepers of Dun Velain are more likely to work alone than the Forestkeepers of Dun Telron and less given to military-style discipline, so whereas Lareth dunTelro is clean-shaven, Andare wouldn't bother with shaving in the wilderness.

Hope this helps

Andrew