ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] Performance of ada_mode_wisi_lr1_parse.exe vs. abor

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] Performance of ada_mode_wisi_lr1_parse.exe vs. abort statements
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 09:01:20 +0000

On 17 Dec 2018, at 23:46, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:

Which .gpr file do these go in? I'm not used to using configuration
pragmas. Reading the gprbuild manual, I think I add a
Builder.Global_Configuration_Pragmas attribute in
ada_mode_wisi_parse.gpr?

Yes.

If the same pragmas are not in the wisitoken.gpr file, and I compile
wisitoken separately first, is it recompiled by the ada_mode_wisi_parse
compilation? On the other hand, there's no reason for them not to be in
the wisitoken.gpr file.

Or you could use Compiler.Local_Configuration_Pragmas.

Working on Certyflie, my RTS permits recursion - because the Ada Drivers Library requires it to support filesystems - which is the equivalent of global configuration pragmas, but for the crazyflie-specific layer I add the restriction.

On the other hand, if wisitoken did require e.g. tasking, tasking would get called in to the build and you'd be back where you started.