wget-dev

wget2 | wget2 can't find libssl and libcrypto equivalent in MacOS Ventur

From: Lee Boekelheide (@bogoid)
Subject: wget2 | wget2 can't find libssl and libcrypto equivalent in MacOS Ventura (#638)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 22:32:40 +0000

Lee Boekelheide created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/638

I need wget(2) for a macOS app.  Apple, in their infinite wisdom, appear to
have folded libssl and libcrypto into their Network Framework.  Or so I
understand.  (I'm a newbie in Apple land.)

I believe that all the functionality wget or wget2 require are available in
that Framework.  How do I build wget from source in their wacky world?

My standard target environment is vanilla Macs without homebrew, without
macports, etc.  I have successfully built and run in the past using homebrew's
wget as part of the package, but customer does not want to require homebrew to
run the app, so I figured I'd just include wget2 as part of the package.  But I
can't figure out how to build it.

Thanks in advance for tolerance of Stupid Questions.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/638