wget-dev

wget2 | multiple `artifacts:` in a job are not supported (#594)

From: Avinash Sonawane (@rootkea)
Subject: wget2 | multiple `artifacts:` in a job are not supported (#594)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:17:50 +0000

Avinash Sonawane created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/594

Hello!

As per https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/18744 multiple `artifacts`
in a job are not supported. It seems Gitlab CI only picks up the last
`artifact` entry from the job description.

This also explains why there are no artifacts being generated for the
Debian/HTTP2 jobs. That's because `when: on_success` artifacts entry comes
after `on_failure` entry and so `on_failure` artifacts entry gets completely
ignored.

The temporary workaround is to make sure that each job has single `artifacts`
statement.

Other have found workarounds using `cache` to generate artifacts on_failure as
well as on_success which we might need in Full+VPATH/Debian job which also has
2 `artifacts` sections.

I'm still reading through Gitlab docs to find the best way...

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/594