wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Building on Windows (#567)

From: Michael Setzer II (@msetzerii)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Building on Windows (#567)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:59:03 +0000

Michael Setzer II commented:

Don't think that is a real valid comparison? The issue of wget2 is mostly the
treading, and downloading a single file would make no use of that, so would
expect the extra overhead to perhaps take longer.
I have been using it to download a campus directory of a local university. It
is currently spread across 64 web pages that total about 14M in size. This is
using the linux version from my Fedora 34 notebook
$ time wget2 --max-threads=70 --secure-protocol=PFS -q
--base="https://www.uog.edu/directory/"; -i testlistuog
real    0m10.515s
user    0m1.308s
sys     0m0.276s
[msetzerii@setzconote uog]$ time wget --secure-protocol=PFS -q
--base="https://www.uog.edu/directory/"; -i testlistuog
real    0m46.958s
user    0m0.271s
sys     0m0.174s
 Also, do same for my old community college, but it is much smaller data set.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/567#note_819479345