wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Building on Windows (#567)

From: Gisle Vanem (@gvanem)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Building on Windows (#567)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:18:37 +0000

Gisle Vanem commented:

A quick test comparing the D/L speed of Wget vs Wget2 on Win-10.
* `wget -O NUL http://ipv4.download.thinkbroadband.com:8080/100MB.zip`  -
always around 15-25 sec
* `wget2 -O NUL http://ipv4.download.thinkbroadband.com:8080/100MB.zip` - The
above Lumito version; always > 17s.

The Lumito wget2 version could sometimes use ~45 sec.
True, network conditions vary, but I feel the Wget version 1.21.1 is always
fastest.
Not sure why.

(I used the timers built-in to my 4NT shell for this; `timer & wget-cmd &
timer`)

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/567#note_819432221