wget-dev

Re: wget2 | [Question] Packaging wget2 (#565)

From: Michal Ruprich (@mruprich)
Subject: Re: wget2 | [Question] Packaging wget2 (#565)
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 08:33:04 +0000

Michal Ruprich commented:

Hi Tim,

sorry about that, I had to move it to a different repo, I will send a link
again soon.

I tried to run the ```make syntac-check``` during the build and it stops with
the first check on these errors:
```
make syntax-check
GFDL_version
0.17 GFDL_version
GPL_version
aclocal.m4:353:dnl the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or
build-aux/ar-lib:12:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at
your option)
build-aux/compile:11:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at
your option)
build-aux/depcomp:10:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at
your option)
build-aux/ltmain.sh:15:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or
build-aux/mdate-sh:11:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at
your option)
build-aux/missing:11:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at
your option)
build-aux/test-driver:10:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or
(at your option)
compile:11:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
configure:66634:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of of the
License, or
depcomp:10:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
ltmain.sh:15:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
m4/libtool.m4:17:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of of the
License, or
missing:11:# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
maint.mk: GPL vN, N!=3
make: *** [maint.mk:935: sc_GPL_version] Error 1
```

Seems like the ```check-local``` does a similar thing right?
```
make check-local
maint.mk: GPL vN, N!=3
make[1]: *** [maint.mk:935: sc_GPL_version] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:2407: check-local] Error 2
```

Again, just stopped on the first error. This is not reproducible when I
download sources from git and run steps like bootstrap, configure and then
make. This only happens in the Fedora build environment. Not sure how to
reproduce this outside of it.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/565#note_721867270