wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Add option to automatically split downloaded files (was: Sup

From: FellFromTheSky
Subject: Re: wget2 | Add option to automatically split downloaded files (was: Support for fat32 partitions) (#528)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 18:51:23 +0000

FellFromTheSky commented:

Well, if this option (the --split flag) be added it would be perfect.
However, it must really be automatic, by that I means to only use the --split
flag with no other args. Then, on Linux, splitting a file for a fat formatted
partition could be done in many ways, but most of them requires to set the
archive bit attribute to the files or folders. To set this attribute, just use
the free opensource software named fatattr. So I think that wget should also
support fatattr as well to make the splitted files works correctly.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/528#note_351330051