wget-dev

Re: libWARC | Identify external libraries required by LibWARC (#5)

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: Re: libWARC | Identify external libraries required by LibWARC (#5)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 09:35:29 +0000

Darshit Shah commented:

Oh, it has been proposed[1]. But it didn't gain much traction there.

I like your idea about having a callback function for the digest code. Let the
application provide an implementation. I would prefer to avoid a dependency on
the larger crypto libraries if possible.
So my idea is this:
`libwarc` has callback functions for the digests. The application author can
set them using the desired library / implementation. If not, then libwarc will
fallback to the slow implementations from gnulib.

WDYT?

[1]: https://github.com/iipc/warc-specifications/issues/53

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/libwarc/-/issues/5#note_349892324