wget-dev

wget2 | OpenSSL: OCSP support (!468)

From: Ander Juaristi
Subject: wget2 | OpenSSL: OCSP support (!468)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 16:08:04 +0000

Ander Juaristi created a merge request:
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/468

Branches: wget2-openssl to master
Author:    Ander Juaristi

Here comes, finally the OCSP implementation with the OpenSSL backend.

This MR implements the following features:

 * OCSP
 * TLS stats from the OpenSSL backend

I had to re-generate the whole cert chain and add the `serverAuth` flag to the
OCSP certificates of the test suite. This is so because the same cert chain is
used for the OCSP server and the HTTPS server in the `test-ocsp-server` test
(the test spawns those two servers). OpenSSL will reject HTTPS certificates
that don't have the `serverAuth` flag, whereas GnuTLS doesn't seem to care, at
least by default. With this change, both test suites (OpenSSL and GnuTLS) pass
to me.

The major missing part is OCSP stapling and as such, this MR skips the OCSP
stapling tests for the OpenSSL backend. My intention is to close #475 with this
MR, and open a new one to track that. I am currently working on OCSP stapling
in OpenSSL but there are some issues that prevent me from getting it to work. I
hope I'll solve them soon. In the meanwhile, I thought it'd be better to close
the previous MR (!460) and open a new one, because I was falling too much
behind the master branch, and these features are ready to be merged from my
point of view.

There are also some untested features (for both backends - OpenSSL and GnuTLS).
I'll open new issues for those as well.

Missing features:

 * OCSP stapling (`status_request` extension, RFC 6066).

### Approver's checklist:

* [ ] The author has submitted the FSF Copyright Assignment and is listed in
AUTHORS
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or
modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent
with existing code
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added (if appropriate)
* [ ] No obvious mistakes / misspelling in the code

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/468