wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Add --bind-interface (#430)

From: Archit Pandey
Subject: Re: wget2 | Add --bind-interface (#430)
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 18:40:01 +0000

Archit Pandey commented:

I believe this feature can be added by including a variable in `struct
global_tcp`. This variable could be set through `init()` in `src/options.c`.
Later, while creating tcp connection, the value for the variable could be used
to bind the socket to a given interface.

In order to test the option, I believe it would be important to understand its
use-cases. One that I can think of is, when user is connected to two different
networks through two interfaces and wants to use a specific one for wget2. I'm
unsure of how this could be simulated through our current test-suite.

Any inputs @rockdaboot?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/430#note_257009385