wget-dev

wget2 | WIP: OpenSSL: OCSP support (!460)

From: Ander Juaristi
Subject: wget2 | WIP: OpenSSL: OCSP support (!460)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 16:37:48 +0000

Ander Juaristi created a merge request:
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/460

Branches: wget2-openssl-ajuaristi-ocsp to master
Author:    Ander Juaristi
Assignee: Ander Juaristi

Here comes, finally the OCSP implementation with the OpenSSL backend.

It's basically working, passes all the tests, and I expect future changes to be
minor.

There are some noteworthy issues, I'd like to discuss before considering this
not-WIP.

First, the OCSP test cert chain. I had to re-generate the whole cert chain and
add the `serverAuth` flag to the OCSP certificates of the test suite. This is
so because the same cert chain is used for the OCSP server and the HTTPS server
in the `test-ocsp-server` test (the test spawns those two servers). OpenSSL
will reject HTTPS certificates that don't have the `serverAuth` flag, whereas
GnuTLS doesn't seem to care, at least by default. With this change, both test
suites (OpenSSL and GnuTLS) pass to me.

There are some missing features, and I'll continue working on them and pushing
new patches, hopefully, before new year.

 - OCSP stapling
 - Some stats
 - TFO not working on kernels <4.11 (issue #472 tracks this).

There are some untested features, I'd like to write tests for. These hold for
both OpenSSL and GnuTLS backends: the `WGET_SSL_OCSP_DATE` (rejects OCSP
response if it's older than 3 days) and `WGET_SSL_OCSP_NONCE` (sends a nonce in
the OCSP request) are untested.

### Approver's checklist:

* [ ] The author has submitted the FSF Copyright Assignment and is listed in
AUTHORS
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or
modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent
with existing code
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added (if appropriate)
* [ ] No obvious mistakes / misspelling in the code

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/460