wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | OpenSSL: fix memory leaks (!447)

From: Ander Juaristi
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | OpenSSL: fix memory leaks (!447)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 15:17:03 +0000

Ander Juaristi commented:

I can set a user variable in both `X509_STORE` and `X509_STORE_CTX`, but I
can't get a handle to `X509_STORE` from `X509_STORE_CTX` (what the callback
function gets as argument). And conversely, I can get a handle to `X509_STORE`
from `SSL_CTX` (in `wget_ssl_open()`), but not a handle to `X509_STORE_CTX`.

I have the feeling something as simple as passing a pointer around can't be so
hard, so either I am missing something really obvious or yes, it is that hard.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/447#note_214281693