wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] Google Summer of Code

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] Google Summer of Code
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 15:40:49 +0100

Hi Mei!

I am glad you'd like to work with The GNU Project and more specifically with
GNU Wget. We're always looking for enthusiastic contributors. GSoC is indeed a
great opportunity to start working with a free software project.

SOCKS5 support sounds like a great idea and we'd be very happy to have that
working by the end of this GSoC period. We are usually willing to give people a
shot at contributing to Wget even if they're not the most proficient at C. Just
be willing to accept code reviews and make the relevant changes.

As a first step, I would recommend you get the sources and see if you can
successfully build them and run the tests. Once that is done, please see if you
can find any open issues and either fix them or close them as invalid / already
fixed. A few of the easier ones have been marked as "Junior".

We can then over time discuss the precise topic that you are interested in
working on and the required deliverables for that project. You can also find
us on IRC. I idle as darnir[m]. #wget is now bridged as a Matrix room, you can
directly join us via Matrix if you'd like.

* Mei Walker <address@hidden> [190305 15:08]:

--
Thanking You,
Darshit Shah