wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | no append .1 after extension please (#404)

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | no append .1 after extension please (#404)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 15:34:48 +0000

I agree on treating Win users differently.

We should try to avoid brackets and whitespace if possible. Brackets are
special characters to shell users and whitespace is the default word delimiter
in shells. I guess browsers and command line tools target a slightly different
user group ;-)

BTW, I can't see how this report is about overwriting existing files. If you
want that, -nc does it, right !?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/404#note_108430795