wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] scripts under /benchmarks

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] scripts under /benchmarks
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 14:43:35 +0200

On 31.07.2018 02:57, G_Gold wrote:
> Greetings list.
>
> I'd like to help and expand the scripts under /benchmarks, can
> any of the members please help shed a bit more light on usage, or
> any information that can help ?
>
> When I call the script without arguments (should I be calling it with
> arguments? I'm not certain), it exits with:

No arguments.

> address@hidden:~/wget2/benchmarks$ ./benchmark.sh
> benchmark.sh: line 34: /home/guy/wget2/benchmarks/../../wget/src/wget: No
> such file or directory
>
> it seems the relative paths are inaccurate (?)

It assumes that you also have the latest builds of wget and curl in the
same directory where the wget2/ directory is.
Of course you can use any path you like, e.g. just 'wget' and just
'curl' if you have both installed.

Would be nice to have a benchmark wget vs. wget2 retrieving a (static ?)
website recursively (maybe a HTTP/2 capable site would be nice). Gfx
could show real/user/sys times.

Regards, Tim