wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Problems while compiling wget2 in Haiku (#389)

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Problems while compiling wget2 in Haiku (#389)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 21:25:56 +0000

Interesting that you tried to compile it on HaikuOS :)

The issue with Python, I think we can simply resolve it by not relying on an
absolute path, but letting the operating system take care of it.
@rockdaboot Do you think we could simply replace it with `python` there? My
guess is that it should work. I can drop a line to Bruno about this on
bug-gnulib afterwards.

I'm not sure what the problem with the architecture is. But that is something
that gnulib needs to resolve. If you had to set the architecture to x86, what
is the actual architecture of the system? Does `uname -m` work on HaikuOS? If
so, please share the output.

Again, `make install` should just work. Would be nice if you could dig into
this a little more and maybe share the error logs with us as well.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/389#note_90666945