wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Don't print zero as speed when we can't calculate

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Don't print zero as speed when we can't calculate it (!380)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 13:30:55 +0000

No problem :-) That is how we learn...

>From what I see you made the change and added a new commit named 'update'
>(e.g. `git commit -a -m "update`). Then you pushed it - that worked because
>you didn't change any existing commit. Now your local branch is in sync with
>origin/tmp-speed, no rebase is possible because there is just nothing to do.

What you wanted to do is
- make the change
- add the change to the old commit (`git commit --amend libwget/bar.c`)
- push forcefully (overwriting origin/tmp-speed) with `git push -f`

What you have to do now
- merge both commits with `git rebase -i HEAD~2` (replace 'pick' by 'f' for the
'update' commit line and save)
- `git push -f` (or `git push origin -f`)

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/380#note_83629265