wget-dev

[Wget-dev] wget2 | WIP: Use GNU Indent (!370)

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: [Wget-dev] wget2 | WIP: Use GNU Indent (!370)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 15:29:55 +0000

New Merge Request !370

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/370

Branches: use-gnu-indent to master
Author:    Darshit Shah
Assignee:  Darshit Shah
Approvers: Giuseppe Scrivano, Tim Rühsen and Ander Juaristi

This is a trial effort to use GNU Indent to automatically format our source
code. It will also allow us to have a more well specified coding style.

I plan to slowly and incrementally change source files to ensure that we can
see the precise changes being made. The final MR will be a single massive
commit made by a different git author to explicitly mark the fact that this
code was touched by indent.

The `wget.h` file was first changed to use spaces for indentation only since
indent could not handle tabs for indentation of preprocessor statements. Since
the indent format uses tabs by default, running indent will switch it to tabs.

In order to see the changes, please diff against f4e920fb. That is the git hash
of the commit from which this branch is created.

Any help in improving the indent profile is appreciated. Please change the
`.indent.pro` file and re-run indent using `indent <filename>`. Either push to
this branch, or make a MR against this branch.

### Approver's checklist:

* [ ] The author has submitted the FSF Copyright Assignment and is listed in
AUTHORS
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or
modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent
with existing code
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added (if appropriate)
* [ ] No obvious mistakes / misspelling in the code

---
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/370