traverso-user

Re: [Traverso-user] Use JAMin for mastering

From: hollunder
Subject: Re: [Traverso-user] Use JAMin for mastering
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:51:16 +0100

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:08:21 +0100
Stefan Koelling <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to use traverso/ JAMin for mastering of my audio-files.
> The attached screenshot shows how I connected the ports. The settings
> of the mastering unit (output level, EQ) are directly applied to the
> monitor - I am able to hear the modified audio-signal.
> I have exported the track to an mp3-file, but (of course) the modified
> signal, that has passed the mastering unit was not exported.
> Is there a way to export the modified signal or do I have to connect
> other signal paths via jack?
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Reagrds,
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,
the problem with your setup is that you connect jamin only to the audio
output. This way you can hear it but you can't record it with any app
(jamin doesn't record itself).
What you need to do is to route the jamin output either back into the
traverso input and record on another track or use any other app
for that.

Best Regards,
Philipp